If you are not hearing sound in TestOut's videos, please try the following ideas:
- Some of TestOut's videos only support mono and stereo audio configurations because they were encoded with single-channel audio. Some sound and speaker configurations and even certain browsers don't work the videos encoded with mono audio. Surround sound and 3.1, 5.1, 7.1, etc. configurations will not work with these videos, so ensure sure your sound and speaker setup is set to either stereo or mono. Some browsers, most notably Firefox, also fail to play videos encoded with mono audio, so try switching to another browser, such as Chrome or Edge, for these videos.
- Please ensure that the browser tab is not muted and that webpages are permitted to make sounds.
- Right click on your volume icon in the system tray and open the volume mixer. Ensure that nothing is muted there.
- Ensure your speakers are turned up and turned on.
- In rare cases, on Windows 10, simply by opening the Movies and TV app, it may cause videos that previously had no sound be able to play sound, if the browser is closed and reopened after doing so.
Chat in or call us for additional support, if needed, at 1-800-877-4889. We are open between 6:00am and 5:00pm Mountain time, Monday - Friday.