This error is encountered when a student launches a TestOut integration link to a custom exam in their school portal. This occurs when the student has used up all scheduled attempts. Unless a schedule has been made in the LabSim interface before the student clicked on this integration link the first time, the default schedule when clicking a link to an exam is only for a single attempt.
This exam needs to be scheduled to allow additional attempts in the TestOut LabSim interface by the teacher. Teachers may solve this by following the video and/or step-by-step instructions included below:
1. As the instructor, log into your LabSim account. You can do this by clicking one of your non-exam custom TestOut integration links to launch to a module or assignment, then click the home icon.
2. Click on the name of your class.
3. Click the Custom Exams tab under the class.
4. Click the three stacked dots to the right of the exam in question and select Schedule Exam.
5. Put a check next to the names or all the students for which you want to adjust the amount of attempts.
6. Click Actions -> Add Custom Schedule
7. Choose your start and end dates for when you want students to be able to access this exam.
8. Increment up the number of attempts to the desired total number of attempts you wish students to have available for this exam. (e.g. If you want 2 attempts to be possible then change the 1 to a 2 in the Attempts box.)
9. Click Save, then click Done.
10. Your students may then click their integration links to this custom exam in the LMS and take their additional attempts.
If you would like to prevent this problem for occurring altogether, you can schedule your exams intended to have multiple attempts before any students click to take a first attempt. See this article.