1. Navigate to Administrative Tools and select LTI Tool Providers
2. Select Register LTI 1.3/Advantage Tool
3. In the Client ID field, add: cd443148-5eaf-4533-bfe0-f69596573faf. Click Submit.
4. The following fields should auto-populate. Please ensure the fields match the below screenshot.
5. Open the link provided by your CompTIA Representative (provided in the initial email sent to you) to send us the needed return parameters. Enter the Client ID from step 3.
6. The Deployment ID you enter into the form will be found in different locations depending on your institution's circumstances:
If your institution owns your Blackboard instance and wants the integration tool to be available to the entire instance, enter the Deployment ID from Step 4 (yellow block in the screenshot above), then click Submit. Your integration is now complete, and you may ignore the remainder of this article.
- If your institution shares your Blackboard instance with other institutions (for example, you are a school that shares a single Blackboard instance with other schools in your state), do not use that Deployment ID, and instead go through the section below.
Configuring a Deployment (Shared Blackboard Instances only)
Note: This will only function for Blackboard instances that are organized around Blackboard's "Institutional Hierarchy" nodes. If your Blackboard is shared and utilizes "Domains" instead, it will be impossible to set up a dedicated deployment/LabSim campus for your institution.
- Return to the list of LTI Tool Providers.
- Mouse over the tool you created above (LabSim LTI 1.3), click the small arrow to the right, and select Manage Deployments.
- Click Create Deployment in the upper left.
- Give the Deployment a name that includes your institution's name (such as LabSim LTI 1.3 - <Your Institution Name>)
- Leave Description and Deployment ID blank, and Deployment Tool Status as Approved.
- Under Institutional Hierarchy Nodes, click Find Node. Search for and select the Blackboard Institutional Hierarchy Node designated to your institution. Click Submit.
- Back on the Deployment configuration screen, click Submit.
- Finally, copy the Deployment ID from your institution's row in the table that appears, and enter it into the form sent by your CompTIA representative, along with the Client ID from the first section, and click Submit.
Your integration is now complete.