How can an instructor configure a student account to have extended time on a TestOut exam for accessibility or accommodations purposes?
A LabSim instructor can grant a student extra time on all timed TestOut exams by editing the student's user settings in LabSim and marking the option indicating that the student is eligible for a time extension.
- Log in to your instructor account to view the Classes tab under the My School tab (the default page when logging in). Instructors using LMS integration may launch any of their TestOut assignment links, then click the Home icon to arrive at this page.
- Click the name of the class in which this student is found. This will pull up a list of the students in this class.
- Click on the name of the eligible student.
- Click the User Settings tab in the left column.
- Click the "This user is eligible for a time extension" check box.
- Drag the slider to the appropriate time multiplier.
- Click Save.
- All timed TestOut exams started after this setting is applied will have the time limit of the exam multiplied by the time multiplier you have selected. (e.g. If you selected a time multiplier of 2.0x, then a certification exam that would normally allow 2 hours to complete would allow 4 hours instead for this student.)
- This feature is only intended to be used for accommodations needs of individual students, as determined by the school.
- It may be configured only by instructors or school administrators within the TestOut LabSim interface.
- Once the setting is applied to the account, it stays applied until removed.
- With assistance from TestOut's support department, this setting can be applied to an exam that has already been started, but only if the instructor contacts us.