|Processor/CPU||5th generation Intel Core i3 or better (click for details)|
|CPU Speed||~2.4GHz or faster|
|RAM||4GB or more|
|Internet Bandwidth||3.6 Mbps per user|
|Operating Systems||64-bit Windows 7, 8, 10, or newer
Intel-Based Mac OS X or newer
Chrome OS - See note on Chromebooks below
|Virtual Machines||Graphic Acceleration must be enabled|
Note for Chromebook/Chrome OS:
- Supported Chromebook specifications
- Minimum: 2015 or newer Chromebook with Intel Celeron or Intel Core processor and 4GB RAM
- Recommended: 2018 or newer Chromebook with 4GB RAM
- Recommended: minimum 14” Monitor
Click here for tips specific to using TestOut courses on Chromebook
Note: Courses may run on computers not meeting listed specifications, but slowness or unresponsiveness may occur. Click here for detailed information and troubleshooting.
How to find system specifications
The Importance of the CPU
*Some versions of Windows 10 (N and KN) may not play videos correctly in all supported browsers. For more information please refer to this article.
- Mobile devices are not supported to work with LabSim. It may be possible for some tablets and phones to play our videos and display our fact sheets to a limited extent but quizzes and lab simulations are disabled on tablets and phones. There is no mobile app. Click here for more information.
- An external computer mouse is recommended. Touch screens are not supported.
- TestOut lab simulations can be sensitive to screen size, so smaller screens may benefit from a reduced browser zoom setting.
- TestOut is entirely online and lab simulations, quizzes, and videos are not available for download.