The scheduling process allows you to set a specific time period where students can take a custom exam. You may choose a specific day/time that correlates to a class period, so students take the test during class. Otherwise you can select a time period so students can take the test anytime within several days or a week.
- From your LabSim home page click the Custom Exams
- Across from your exam click the more button.
- Select Schedule Exam.
- Click Select across from your respective class. (This scheduling will apply to your entire class, but you can change this later if the scheduling needs to be different for a specific student.)
- Enter available Start date/time.
- Enter available End date/time. (This start/end time is only the availability period students can begin the test. When you created the exam you already set how long students will have to complete it.)
- Click the box Limit the number of attempts to enter the number (numerical format) of attempts you would like the students to have.
- Click Require a password to access the exam if you would like further security on your exam.
- Type a Shared password or
- Select Generate a unique password for each student
- Click Next.
- Verify the Default Schedule and click Change if you need to make any adjustments.
- If you opted for a password, you will see a lock across from each students’ name. Mouse over the lock to view/copy the password. Students must receive the password from their instructor.
- If you have provided a student with a time extension you will also see a clock. Mouse over the clock to view the additional time this student will have to complete the test.
- Click Done.