Importing a CSV file organizes classes, instructors and students all in one step and generally works best for 30 or more students.
Note: Importing does not provide access to a LabSim product.
Either the student will need to enter an activation code or be issued a license in order to use product.
- Click Students
- Click Actions
- Select Add students using a CSV file
- Sample template (Download .CSV Template AND Watch the short video below so you don't run into errors)
Once the file is ready, proceed with the next steps.
- Click Choose File
- Locate file and click Open
- Click Confirm
- A confirmation pop-up will appear to indicate that the import was successful.
- Click OK
It’s important to note that each class will need to be updated to include the associated product.
You will need to have administrator rights to update this for other instructors.
- Click a class name
- Click Edit
- Click Add under Associated LabSim Product(s).
- Enter TestOut, a product title or the last 3 digits of the product ISBN.
- Click on the respective product title.
- Click Add
- Click Save
Remember, students must either activate a code or be issued a license to have access to any product.
Watch Video - Resolving Import Errors
Common errors when importing a CSV file:
- If using the sample template, there may be a second row clarifying what information needs to be added to each column and should be deleted before saving and importing the csv file.
- The column headings must match the fields listed in the import instructions in LabSim.
- You MUST Include data for all fields
- Delete the column for any fields that don't have data.
- The Student Email or Teacher Email fields which are optional.
- The Student Name and Teacher Name fields, must be in Last Name, First Name format
- The Student Login and Teacher Login fields:
- must be unique to LabSim
- do not include any spaces
- must match the Login Username in LabSim, IF the Student/Teacher account already exists to avoid another account being created
- Passwords must be at least 8 characters long and not a common password known to hackers. Note that the same password can be used for multiple students. Students will be prompted to change their passwords when they first login. Also note that the Teacher Password is required but will not override if the account has already been created, so you can enter any valid password in the Teacher Password column and this will not affect the current password.
- Save the document as a csv file.