Admins & Instructor
- Admins/Instructors will automatically be given a license to a product as they click a link to enter LabSim from Canvas.
- The student experience will be based on the product activation method you selected while setting up the links through the EduApp (refer to decision made here).
- For schools purchasing a school license, students will be given immediate access to the product and your license pool will be deducted one license.
- If the student purchases/receives an activation code and has not used it to create an account, they will see the screen below. Students will input the activation code and press Activate.
- Note: If you would like to direct your students to a website for more information or to purchase an activation code, you can determine a URL that will show on this page by clicking on the EduApp and then the Settings button.
- If a student has already used their activation code, when they put in the previously used activation code they will be prompted to put in their LabSim login and password so we can link to the previously created account.
- Students will then be directed to the specific section within their LabSim course where they can complete the work they wish to complete.
- Scores for the assignment links that were created will automatically be synced back to the Canvas gradebook.
Creating a Class in LabSim
- Creating a class in LabSim happens automatically when the first member of the class clicks a link to enter LabSim. For your information, here is other information that is transferred to LabSim.
- The LabSim Class Name is determined by the Name field in your course settings.
- If you would like to append the Course Code or SIS ID to the LabSim class name to help you distinguish between classes that might share the same name, you can add one of the below parameters to the Custom Fields box of the EduApp created in the Configuring the EduApp section.
- course_name_suffix=coursecode (This will append the Canvas Course Code to the LabSim class name)
- course_name_suffix=sisid (This will append the Canvas SIS ID to the LabSim class name)
- The LabSim Class Instructor is determined when the first instructor clicks a link to enter LabSim from within the class. Classes can only be owned by one instructor in LabSim, so if the first instructor is not the actual instructor, it will need to be changed from within LabSim (a second instructor will not override the first instructor).
- Students are added to the LabSim class when they click on the first link to enter LabSim.
- Please Note: If an LMS Admin (or any other role that is not Instructor or Student) clicks a link into LabSim, the LabSim class will not be created. It is important that Instructors click at least one LabSim link before the class starts.