This article will cover how students can get the grades from LabSim into Brightspace. This is from the student's perspective.
To see the instructors perspective, please visit this site here
Please note this type of integration is from the Brightspace Plugin.
- Go into your Brightspace course and locate your TestOut assignments.
- There is a one-to-one ratio between each assignment link and the score in the Brightspace grade book. This means that you will need to click on and link to an assignment, start and complete this assignment, then return to your Brightspace course and link to the next assignment and complete it. The score will return for each assignment within two to three minutes of completion.
- If you link to your first assignment and stay within the TestOut course, navigate to and complete additional assignments without returning to your Brightspace course, simply return to your Brightspace course and click each assignment link. The score will return to Brightspace without redoing the assignment.
- If you have problems with grades coming back into Brightspace you may have multiple LabSim accounts that need to be merged together. Often, if you as a student first created your LabSim account at www.testout.com, then later accessed your TestOut courseware via Brightspace you may have duplicate accounts. In this scenario, you would have created your account at www.testout.com using a different email than your Brightspace email address.
- Technical support can merge your duplicate accounts. Please reach out to them via one of the following options (Availability is M-F, 6 am – 6 pm Mountain Time):
- Note: If the appropriate integration associations have been made (and you as a student only have one LabSim account that you are correctly enrolled within), if your instructor has access to Course Builder within Brightspace they can run a Grade Sync feature that will return all of your scores that have not been synchronized to that point. Your instructor can run a sync daily, every other day, or at another interval of their choosing.