This is a multi-step Learning Management System (LMS) integration guide which allows you and your LMS Administrator to integrate your LMS to LabSim for SSO and Grade Return.
To start this integration, you must have a Consumer Key and Secret. You have two options:
- Tell your TestOut Account Representative that you would like LMS integration, and also provide the School's/District's LMS Administrator name and email.
- Use this online form to submit a Consumer Key and Secret request: https://hs.testout.com/lms-keyandsecret
- While logged into Blackboard as an instructor, and within the content area of your Blackboard course choose: Build Content (menu) | Web Link
The Create Web Link interface appears like this:
Populate the interface as conveyed below:
Populate the Adding a new External tool interface as follows:
- Name: This is at the discretion and choice of the instructor. Often the title of the TestOut learning resource is copied and pasted from the TestOut product title course outline (available here by clicking on the name of the respective product title) into this field.
- URL: Consists of a launch URL (https://labsimapi.testout.com/api/v1/basiclti), followed by the following LTI Parameters:
- labsim_course_id=<set equal to the ISBN for the TestOut course you are utilizing. The ISBN is available here.)
- labsim_section_id=<the outline number for the learning resource within the TestOut product title, which is available here by clicking on the name of the respective product title)
- labsim_class_id=@context_title (sends the Blackboard course name to our LabSim database)
- labsim_allow_outcomes=true (enables score return in the LabSim system)
As an example, including delimiters, the full URL would appear like this:
(There is a ? delimiter between the launch URL and where the LTI Parameters begin, each LTI Parameter is separated by the & delimiter.)
- Points Possible: At instructor discretion
- Visible to Students: Yes
- Due Date and all other features at instructor discretion/default.
5. Select Submit to proceed (to save changes).
Blackboard Course Shells
We have created Blackboard course shells (course packages) for your use if desired. The shells are Blackboard course packages that you can import into any Blackboard courses. Once imported you will find Web Links, divided by chapter within Content. We have included all scoreable learning resources (lab simulations, section quizzes, and practice exams). They are located here.