This guide will assist in creating Schoology assignments that will link directly to a LabSim course resource.
1. From within the Schoology course navigate to:
Add Materials | Add Files/Link/External Tool | External Tool.
The Add External Tool dialog box appears like this:
2. After choosing TestOut from the Tool Provider pull-down menu the dialog box will appear like this:
3. Populate the Add External Tool dialog box as follows:
Title: This is at the discretion and choice of the instructor. Often the title of the TestOut learning resource is copied and pasted from the TestOut product title course outline (available here by clicking on the name of the respective product title) into this field.
URL: Leave as Custom (this value carries through from the TestOut External Tool configuration).
Consumer Key: Leave as Custom (this value carries through from the TestOut External Tool configuration).
Shared Secret: Leave as Custom (this value carries through from the TestOut External Tool configuration).
labsim_course_id=<the TestOut product title ISBN, which is available here>
labsim_section_id=<the outline number for the learning resource within the TestOut product title, which is available here by clicking on the name of the respective product title)>
The resulting External Tool assignment should appear similar to the below image of the below dialog box, which you can use to verify settings:
4. Click Submit to save the External Tool assignment.
NOTE: When creating additional External Tool assignments the only information that needs to change from assignment to assignment is the Title, and the outline number that is set equal to labsim_section_id in the Custom Parameters field. To reduce necessary typing and possible errors, it is advisable to copy and paste the contents of Custom Parameters from assignment to assignment, changing only the outline number.
5. If when clicking on an assignment linking you are prompted click "Launch TestOut" this is likely because pop-ups are being blocked by your browser. You can always allow pop-ups and redirects from https://apps.schoology.com to avoid the need of clicking on "Launch TestOut" for each assignment.