Problem: After logging into your TestOut account, various elements on the page do not properly load and the My LabSim Products area continuously shows four loading dots. If logging in directly through links in the school portal, the four loading dots may be in place of the TestOut content you were directed to.
Cause: In most cases, if your screen looks like the above screenshot, this is caused by a malware program installed on the computer called, "Browser Assistant". Browser Assistant is a malicious program that alters the script of web-pages and happens to prevent LabSim from properly running. It is usually installed by a Trojan, secretly packaged into the installer of another, seemingly innocent, program.
Solution: Uninstall Browser Assistant. Close and reopen the browser after the uninstall and log into your TestOut account again. We also recommend using a reputable anti-malware program, after you uninstall Browser Assistant, to scan for and remove remaining traces of that program and any other malicious software your computer may have installed with, or because of, that program.
Uninstall instructions for Windows 10:
- Right-click the Windows start icon.
- Click Apps and Features.
- Find Browser Assistant in the list, click it, and then click Uninstall.
- After it uninstalls, close and reopen your browser and TestOut should again function properly.
- Optional but recommended: Use a reputable anti-malware program, such as MalwareBytes, to scan for and eliminate remaining traces of the program and to find and remove other malware that could be on your computer.
- Optional but recommended: It may be wise to then change most of your passwords because malware interacting with your browser could have very easily recorded the credentials and other information you entered or viewed while browsing.
If you have these symptoms, but Browser Assistant is not installed on the computer:
- Open your task manager and view the Startup tab. Disable any suspicious programs in this list.
- Restart the computer.
- Open your browser and examine your Add-ons/Extensions. Disable or uninstall any that are suspicious or do not need to be running.
- Clear the browser cache and cookies.
- Run a malware scan using a reputable anti-malware program.
- Log into LabSim and test again.
- If issues persist, call us for real-time support at 1-800-877-4889 Opt 2. Business hours are between 6:00 am and 6:00 pm, Mountain time, Monday - Friday. We'll be happy to help.