This is a multi-step Learning Management System (LMS) integration guide which allows you and your LMS Administrator to integrate your LMS to LabSim for SSO and Grade Return.
To start this integration, you must have a Consumer Key and Secret. You have two options:
- Tell your TestOut Account Representative that you would like LMS integration, and also provide the School's/District's LMS Administrator name and email.
- Use this online form to submit a Consumer Key and Secret request: https://hs.testout.com/lms-keyandsecret
These pre-built courses are created to help instructors have a turn key solution to ensure a quick and successful start of a class term. These courses have key instructions built into the course to help with purchasing an activation code and how the grading process works for students. These pre-built courses are organized to create your grade book consisting of lab simulation and practice questions. The rest of the content can be found within the course in LabSim.
Refer to the EduApp install guide to set up the configuration. https://support.testout.com/hc/en-us/articles/360044805173-Installing-the-EduApp
- Log into Canvas as a Instructor or Teacher of a course
- Open your course from your dashboard
- Click Commons in the left pane
- Click Authorize to authorize the app
- Search for Testout (or click this link)
- Click the name of the desired course to download (Such as TestOut IT Fundamentals Pro v2.0)
- Click Import/Download
- Check the box next to the desired course name.
Note: Importing a Canvas Commons course does not erase or overwrite your existing course assignments or content. It only adds to your existing course.
- Click Import into class (should see a success confirmation at this point)
- Go back to the course in Canvas
- Click assignments
- Verify that course is imported and the assignments are published
· For additional information from Canvas, at your discretion please reference https://community.canvaslms.com/