This guide covers the grade return process for students and instructors.
Student Grades Returning to Canvas
- When an assignment link is created using the EduApp, a corresponding column in the Canvas gradebook is also created.
- When a student clicks on a link and completes the resource within LabSim, that score will be transferred to Canvas within 1-2 minutes.
- The latest score will be passed to Canvas. If a school wants to have only the highest score in their Canvas gradebook, please contact your TestOut representative.
- Note: There is a one-to-one relationship between the link and the gradebook column. A student must click on each link for LabSim to know where the score should be placed in the Canvas gradebook (even if the resource has been completed prior inside of LabSim).
- For example, on the screen below, if a student clicks on and completes the lab 1.6.12 and goes on to complete 1.6.13 and 1.6.14 without returning to Canvas and clicking on that link, only the score for 1.6.12 will come back to the Canvas gradebook.
- If an instructor of a course would like to ensure that their gradebook is up to date, instructors can access the EduApp and press the Synchronize Student Grades button.
- This will go grab all scores for all students in that instructors’ classes, regardless of if the students clicked every link
- Note: Only grades achieved in LabSim during the Canvas course dates will be sent to Canvas (Refer to bottom of screenshot in Creating a Class in LabSim section).
- Once inside the LabSim Grade Synchronization Center, you will notice some information about grades.
- By default, the sync score button does not sync late scores (based on any due dates set in the assignment link). You can check the Synchronize scores achieved after the assignment due date check box if you wish to synchronize late scores.
- By default, we don’t look at the availability dates of a canvas assignment. If you do not want scores that fall outside the available dates, check the box to Check availability range in assignments.
- Press Synchronize Student Grades.
- Once the sync has been submitted, you will see the request as Submitted. You would also see a history of previous updates.
- The updates column tells you how many grades have been updated. The final column tells you the progress of the sync (Top bar=overall progress, bottom bar=progress within the current course).
- Note: The sync score button only updates scores that have obtained during Canvas class start and end date.