This article will help you understand key processes to get your grades from LabSim and into the LMS.
These steps apply to the students' actions.
- For each assignment/link in your LMS, the student should click the link over to LabSim.
- The student will then complete the learning resource, such as:
- Lab Simulation
- Section Exam
- Custom Exam
- TestOut Pro Certification
- The score is automatically sent to your LMS because it is using the Canvas EduApp.
- Close the LabSim browser tab.
Note: As a matter of best practice, the student SHOULD ALWAYS close LabSim after completing their resource and/or clicking the Submit Score Button.
- The student will repeat Steps 1 through 4 for every assignment/link in your LMS.
Tip #1: Grade Return Troubleshooting
Some students do not close LabSim after completing a learning resource, and they continue to the next learning resource in the course. These steps apply to the students' actions.
- For each assignment/link in your LMS, the student should ALWAYS click the link over to LabSim.
- If the student has already completed the learning resource, the grade is sent back to the LMS when the student clicks the link and/or they click the Submit Score button.
- If the student has not completed the learning resource, then the should complete the learning resource.
- After completing their resource and/or clicking the Submit Score Button, the student should close LabSim.
- The student will repeat Steps 1 through 2 for every assignment/link in your LMS.
Tip #2: Grade Return Troubleshooting
Some students have two accounts by accident.
- In all cases, the student should have a Single Sign-On account when they clicked on the LMS link(s) over to LabSim.
- In some cases, a student has created a non-LMS account by going to TestOut.com, and then proceeding through the account creation process.
To merge an account, the student should perform the following steps:
- From your Learning Management System (LMS), click the link(s) over to LabSim.
- Click the Profile Name in the Upper Right (such as Sunny Day), and select My Profile.
- Click Merge Accounts.
- Type in the username and password from the non-LMS account.
- Click Merge Accounts button.
- Click the X in the Profile dialog.