This is a multi-step Learning Management System (LMS) integration guide that allows you and your LMS Administrator to integrate your LMS to LabSim for SSO and Grade Return.
To start this integration, you must have a Consumer Key and Secret. You have two options:
- Tell your TestOut Account Representative that you would like LMS integration, and also provide the School's/District's LMS Administrator name and email.
- Use this online form to submit a Consumer Key and Secret request: https://hs.testout.com/lms-integration-setup-or-training
- Click on the Admin Tools icon and then select Remote Plugins.
- Click on the New Remote Plugin button.
- Select Plugin Type to be Course Builder.
- Give the plugin a name (Something like TestOut’s LabSim).
- Insert https://labsimapi.testout.com/api/v1/lmsapp/authorize as the Launch Point URL.
- Add your campus LTI Key and LTI Secret given to you from your TestOut Representative.
- If you wish, you can use this URL (https://cdn.testout.com/labsimsaas/images_v2/t_logo.png) for a small TestOut icon.
- Scroll down and press the Add Org Units button. Add the plugin to the departments, courses, and/or templates you wish to have the plugin available.
- When finished, press Save.
- Next, click on the Admin Tools icon and then navigate to External Learning Tools.
- Navigate to Manage Tool Providers and find the testout.com launch point. Press the dropdown menu icon and then select Edit Tool Provider.
- Verify the settings and scroll down. Note: SHA-256 will also work for the OAuth Signature Method.
- In the Security Settings section check all the options to send LabSim the necessary information to send the information needed to create LabSim accounts.
- Verify that the org units that will use the plugin are listed and then click Save and Close.
- The final step is to click on the Admin Tools icon and then select Manage Extensibility.
- Select the OAuth 2.0 tab and then press the Register an app button.
- Name the application TestOut (or something similar).
- Fill in the Redirect URL with:
- Add the following for the Scope:
- content:*:* core:*:* grades:*:* users:*:*
- Check the box I accept the Non-Commercial Developer Agreement
- Click the Register button.
- Click on the app you just registered.
- Take note of the Client ID and Client Secret. You will need to submit these values to TestOut in the next step.
Navigate to https://labsimapp.testout.com/v6_1_1621/lmssignup.html and insert the Consumer Key & Secret (given to you by a TestOut representative) and the recently created Client ID and Client Key. The ID & Key are securely transmitted to TestOut’s database.
Click Complete Registration
- Go and open the TestOut plugin and ensure the app launches.
- Click a TestOut link and ensure you're launched into LabSim.
- For additional assistance, visit https://www.testout.com/support