Catherine Fuster from Lakes Region Community College will teach us how she has successfully implemented Office Pro in a Hybrid Classroom.
Using the Videos in a Hybrid Classroom
- Use video segments to replace live lectures, use at home to reinforce learning, or augment your lectures, skipping to specific portions of video.
- Use the lecture focus questions provided in the Lesson Plans or Section Introductions to jumpstart class discussions.
- Provide question prompts in the discussion boards to encourage students to watch and reflect on the topics in the videos.
- Review class reports to see if students have watched the content and provide encouragement
- Create your own instructor video to motivate and encourage your students to engage in the materials.
- Use the PowerPoint slides to assist with lecture content and activity files to assist with live demonstrations during the lecture.
- Focus on the “why” and real-world application of the content and skills presented in the video, and have students watch the videos prior to class
- Use the video content to bring students up to speed when they miss a class.
Using the Text Lessons in a Hybrid Classroom
- Text lessons can be used to review key concepts and items not covered within the videos.
- Review LabSim student reports to verify students have spent time reviewing text lessons and provide encouragement.
- Text lessons can be used at home for a refresher/reminder of concepts taught in the class.
- Use text lessons to review key concepts and items not covered within the videos.
- Print or save the lessons for future reference and note taking.
Using the Office Pro Lab Simulations in a Hybrid Classroom
- Use the Skills, Applied, and Challenge labs at home to learn the skill and reinforce learning, OR
- Use the Skills labs in class to learn the skill and how to complete each task, and then usse the Applied and Challenge labs at home to reinforce learning.
Using the Capstones in a Hybrid Classroom
- Download and send the Capstone Projects at the end of each chapter to reinforce learning and assess their skill level.
- Capstones are available as Class Activities in the Teaching Aids for the following:
- These projects require student access to the live Microsoft Office applications. Because each project will be diff erent, they need to be manually graded by the instructor.
- Use the included rubric for each project
Using questions in a Hybrid Classroom
- Use the questions provided in the Lesson Plans and Section Introductions to jumpstart class discussions, and increase deeper learning.
Using the Office Pro Certification Exam in a Hybrid Classroom
- Use the TestOut Office Pro certification exam as a final exam.
- To prepare for the Office Pro Certication exam, use the Custom Exam resources, the Domain Exams toward the end of the product, or the Practice Exams.