Common errors when importing a csv file:
- If using the sample template, the second row clarifies what information needs to be added to each column and should be deleted before saving and importing the csv file. (Download .CSV Template)
- The column headings must match the fields listed in the import instructions in LabSim.
- Include data for all fields except the Student Email or Teacher Email fields which are optional.
- The Student Name and Teacher Name fields, must be in Last Name, First Name format
- The Student Login and Teacher Login fields:
- must be unique to LabSim
- do not include any spaces
- must match the Login Username in LabSim, IF the Student/Teacher account already exists to avoid another account being created
- Passwords must be at least 8 characters long and not a common password known to hackers. Note that the same password can be used for multiple students. Students will be prompted to change their passwords when they first login. Also note that the Teacher Password is required but will not override if the account has already been created, so you can enter any valid password in the Teacher Password column and this will not affect the current password.
- Save the document as a csv file.