Videos and Steps to Accomplish: 3 Videos/Steps
This is a multi-step getting started path which allows instructors to add their students manually. Please watch the video, complete the steps, and then watch the next video, and so forth. By the end of this article, you should be up and running smoothly.
Note: If you plan on using LMS (Learning Management System) integration, then you should not create classes manually or enroll students individually. All of your classes and students will be created automatically as you and your students click over from the LMS to LabSim.
Watch Video - Creating a Class
Steps - Creating a Class
- Click My Classes
- Click +Add button
- In the Create a Class dialog box:
- Enter the class name
- Enter class Start Date
- Enter class End Date
- Click Add under Instructor(s) to include an additional teacher (optional).
- Click Add under Associated LabSim Product(s).
- Enter TestOut, a title or the last 3 digits of the product ISBN.
- Click on the respective product title.
- Click Add
- Click Create
Steps - Add a Student
- Click the Students tab
- Click +Add
- In the Create Student dialog box:
- Enter the First Name
- Enter the Last Name
- Enter the Email
- Enter the Username (this will be used to log into LabSim)
- Enter the Password (this will be used to log into LabSim)
- Click +Enroll in Class
- Search for the name of your class
- Click the Enroll button next to the class name
- Click Create
- Repeat Steps 2-4 to add more students
Watch Video - Activating Licenses
Steps - Activating Licenses
- Click Actions
- Select View Licenses
- Available licenses are listed
- Under Actions for each license you can
- Activate Classes
- Choose the instructor (if administrator) and class
- Across from the class name click Activate
- Activate Students
- Search for a student’s name
- Across from the student’s name click Activate
Once the license is activated, the respective product will be available for the students upon their next login.