Videos and Steps to Accomplish: 3 Videos/Steps
This is a multi-step getting started path which allows you to import student information to LabSim using a CSV File. Please watch the video, complete the steps, and then watch the next video, and so forth. By the end of this article, you should be up and running smoothly.
Note: This enrollment strategy is best when you are adding 30+ students.
Watch Video - Importing CSV File and Add Product Association
Steps - Importing CSV File and Add Product Association
- Click Students
- Click Actions
- Select Add students using a CSV file
- Sample template (Download .CSV Template AND Watch the short video below so you don't run into errors)
Once the file is ready, proceed with the next steps.
- Click Choose File
- Locate file and click Open
- Click Confirm
- A confirmation pop-up will appear to indicate that the import was successful.
- Click OK
It’s important to note that each class will need to be updated to include the associated product.
Note: You will need to have administrator rights to update this for other instructors.
- Click a class name
- Click Edit
- Click Add under Associated LabSim Product(s).
- Enter TestOut, a product title or the last 3 digits of the product ISBN.
- Click on the respective product title.
- Click Add
- Click Save
Watch Video - Resolving Import Errors
Common errors when importing a CSV file:
- If using the sample template, there may be a second row clarifying what information needs to be added to each column and should be deleted before saving and importing the csv file.
- The column headings must match the fields listed in the import instructions in LabSim.
- You MUST Include data for all fields
- Delete the column for any fields that don't have data.
- The Student Email or Teacher Email fields which are optional.
- The Student Name and Teacher Name fields, must be in Last Name, First Name format
- The Student Login and Teacher Login fields:
- must be unique to LabSim
- do not include any spaces
- must match the Login Username in LabSim, IF the Student/Teacher account already exists to avoid another account being created
- Ensure your Teacher Login, Teacher Email, and Teacher Password are accurate.
- Passwords must be at least 8 characters long and not a common password known to hackers. Note that the same password can be used for multiple students. Students will be prompted to change their passwords when they first login. Also note that the Teacher Password is required but will not override if the account has already been created, so you can enter any valid password in the Teacher Password column and this will not affect the current password.
- Save the document as a csv file.
Watch Video - Activating Licenses
Steps - Activating Licenses
- Click Actions
- Select View Licenses
- Available licenses are listed
- Under Actions for each license you can
- Activate Classes
- Choose the instructor (if administrator) and class
- Across from the class name click Activate
- Activate Students
- Search for a student’s name
- Across from the student’s name click Activate
Once the license is activated, the respective product will be available for the students upon their next login.