Pick a Class
- What does it look like?
- What do you do in the classroom?
- What do you do outside of class time?
- What do your students do in the classroom?
- What do they do outside of class time?
- What is the best use of my face-to-face time with my students?
What Do I Facilitate?
- Instead of lecturing you run activities and problem-solving sessions.
- Activities change your face-to-face time into student-focused time (instead of teacher focused time)
- The activities, which you guide, promote higher order thinking –critical thinking.
Example of Flipped Lesson
Your students work through assigned sections in the IT Fundamentals course at home, then come to class and with guidance from you work on related exercises, learning activities, and discussion of confusing concepts.
How do I get Students to Watch Videos?
- Play videos in class
- Pop quizzes
- Custom exams
- Learning activities based on information in videos
- Quizlet games based on videos
Every Class Session Doesn’t Need to be Flipped
- Good lectures work well
- Use TestOut as a co teacher
- Flip the classroom more often at the end of the semester or school year as you prepare students to take the ITF+ Exam
Classroom Types: How to use LabSim in Different Classroom Environments
In PDF/guide below, you'll find tips on how to use LabSim in different classroom environments, including Online classes, Traditional classrooms, and Hybrid solutions.
Specifically, you'll find tips on how to use videos, text lessons, labs, exams, certification practice exams, and more for your unique classroom environment.