Migrating from an older to the newest TestOut Product Courseware Version
Note: While your individual circumstance may vary, the below general migration steps should aid. Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with additional and/or specific questions.
For LTI 1.1 SSO (single non-deep-link) for Blackboard, Moodle, or Schoology course, you should be able to make the newest version of your TestOut courseware product available within your LabSim campus and the link should take you to the newest version:
Note: Within the LabSim account, a LabSim Admin can enable the newest TestOut product version for their campus by:
- Navigating to SCHOOL DETAILS
- Choosing Products
- Within the Products list verify that the newest version of the desired TestOut product is checked. Click Save after checking the box next to the newest version. Please leave the older version checked only if there are existing/active courses that are dependent on this. In most cases, you should be able to uncheck the older version.
For LTI 1.1 SSO (course deep links-that require score pass back) for Blackboard, Moodle, or Schoology:
- Because TestOut product versioning, in general, can at times be problematic, for an LTI 1.1 integration it’s always a best practice to start a new product version with a new LMS course, and at the beginning of a term.
- However, if the desire or need is to work within an existing LMS course that’s been running your current TestOut courseware product version:
- Within LabSim enable the newer TestOut product courseware version (while only as necessary leaving the current/older version checked/enabled for other existing courses).
- Remove any assignment links from the LMS course that are related to the older/current TestOut product courseware version.
- Create new assignment links in the LMS course for the new version of the TestOut product courseware title.
Click on an assignment for the new TestOut product courseware title with the LMS course and cross/link over into the TestOut/LabSim platform.
- On your LabSim home page verify that the integration created LabSim class (named after the LMS course) is associated with your desired TestOut product courseware title and correct version. If another version is associated:
- Click the more option (three vertical dots at the far right of the class).
- Choose Edit Class.
- Remove the older version, then click Save.
- Your LMS course should now appropriately function with the new/desired TestOut product courseware title and version.
For Canvas (TestOut EduApp) and D2L (TestOut Plugin) Integrations:
- Canvas and D2L users that have already built a course with the older TestOut product courseware title and version need to "either reset course content or delete all existing assignment links" (LMS course functionality) for the older versioned TestOut product courseware title.
- Then enable (per instructions below) the desired TestOut product courseware title and version. within your LabSim campus.
Note: Within the LabSim account, a LabSim Admin can enable the newer version of the desired TestOut product courseware title for their LabSim campus by:
- Navigating to SCHOOL DETAILS
- Choosing Products.
- Within the Products list verify that the newer version is checked for the desired TestOut product courseware title. Click Save after checking the box next to the newer version. If applicable, please leave the older version checked/active for other existing courses.
- Create new assignment links for the newer version of the TestOut product courseware assignment in your LMS course. When you click a newly created assignment link you should now link to this newer version of your TestOut product courseware title.