1. To create a link for a TestOut Pro Certification, access the Plugin and choose and choose the Add Pro Certifications button.
Note: If the tool does not load and you receive a blank white screen this may be for two reasons:
- You are not listed as "Instructor" in the "Classlist."
- You are blocking 3rd party cookies for your LMS site URL.
2. Select the Pro Certification you want to create a link for and then select the number of points that you would like the Pro Certification to be worth inside of the Brightspace grade book (Please note this will not change the value of the Pro Certification inside of LabSim).
3. By default, the Graded option is checked. At your discretion, you may de-select this option. By default, the link is published on creation.
4. Click Create Link and the link will be placed into the course content.
Automatically Creating a class and Enrolling students
Once you have links from your LMS integrated with LabSim, AS THE INSTRUCTOR:
Click one of the TestOut assignment links inside of your LMS class. When you click on the link, your class is automatically created in LabSim. Make sure to do this for each class. When you do, a class matching your LMS class's name will be automatically created in your LabSim account. As a best practice, don't rename it, archive it, or create a duplicate of it, at least until after your semester ends. DO NOT create your class manually in LabSim.
Note: It is critical that at least one initial assignment be clicked to establish integration between your LMS and LabSim account, which involves the creation of the automatic class. The End Date of each automatically created class is 12 months from the date of creation. If necessary, the End Date can be extended or shortened within LabSim by choosing Edit Class for each class and adjusting the End Date. The End Date does not expire product licenses and does not impact your ability to create additional course copies within your LMS.
Regarding Start and End Dates of your TestOut/LabSim class (for LTI 1.3 Advantage, TestOut EduApp, and Plugin integrations):
If the LMS course start date is known via the integration, this date will be used as the start date for the TestOut/LabSim class.
If the LMS course end date is known via the integration, this date will be used as the end date for the LabSim class. The end date shouldn’t exceed 18 months from when a course is first created in LabSim.
If the LMS course start date is NOT known via the integration, the date when the first initial TestOut assignment link is clicked will be used as the start date for the LabSim class.
If the LMS course end date is NOT known via the integration, the LabSim end date will be 12 months from the start date (the start date is based on the standards set above).
If the LMS course end date is set to continuous, the LabSim end date will be 12 months from the start date (the start date is based on the standards set above).
INSTRUCT YOUR STUDENTS:
Click one of the TestOut assignment links inside of your LMS class. When they click the link it will automatically create the student account inside of LabSim, and enroll them in the right class (with their LabSim account being automatically created in the background, and license activated).
Note: It is critical that at least one initial assignment be clicked to establish integration between your LMS and LabSim student account. This is how the TestOut system knows that your student exists, and is important for multiple aspects of integration functionality.
- For students that already have LabSim accounts, you want to make sure that the email address associated with their account is their school email address. This way the integration will be able to find and integrate with the existing student LabSim account.
- DO NOT create your students' accounts inside LabSim through CSV, individually, or through email.
- Students DO NOT need to create their accounts through testout.com.