Creating a class is an organizational step that will allow you to assign the teacher(s), set the start and end dates, and associate the respective product,. Once a class is created, you can view student progress and reports, schedule custom exams and Pro certification exams.
Note: If you use LabSim via LMS Integration, your classes typically are automatically set up through the LMS, so manually creating a class is NOT necessary.
- Under CLASSES
- Click Add.
- Enter a Class Name (we recommend using your course number or class period as part of that name).
- Enter class Start Date.
- Enter class End Date.
- Click Add under Instructor(s) to include an additional teacher (optional).
- Click Add under Associated LabSim Product(s).
- Click the box by the respective course title. (Typically, most classes should only have one course selected, though there may be instances where more than one is needed.)
- Click Select.
- Click Create.
Your class is now setup and appears under your CLASSES tab.
Classes will auto archive two weeks after the respective end date. You can always return to archived classes and their respective report data by clicking View and selecting Archived Classes.
Once your class is created you can invite students to your class. The invitation you send will allow students to setup their own accounts, gain access to their course material, as well as automatically enroll them in your class.
- Across from your class click the more button (3 dots) and select Invite Students to Class.
- Read What to Expect in This Process. If you want to omit this screen detail after this, please check the box Don’t show these instructions in the future.
- Click Next.
- Does your class use activation codes or licenses with TestOut products? Higher Ed students generally use activation codes while K12 teachers typically use licenses. Click What’s the difference? for further detail. If you are unsure which option is used by your facility, please contact your TestOut representative.
- Click the respective option Activation codes or
- Licenses – Enter the number of students in your class in the How many students do you want to invite?
- Click Create Reservation.
- Please note that if students do not use licenses that were reserved for them, after that reservation period (7 days by default) those unused licenses will return to your license pool. You can edit that reservation time after it has been created.
- Whether you choose activation codes or licenses, now select your option for sending an invitation Provide a List or Email Them Myself. Tip: Some districts or schools block outside emails to students. If this is true for your facility choose to send an email yourself. You many also want to send the email yourself for message confirmation.
- Provide a List
- Enter students email addresses one per line.
- Click Next.
- Verify the list is correct.
- Click Invite.
- Once a student clicks Join Now from their email invitation that student will appear in your class.
- Email Them Myself
- An email template is automatically generated. Click Copy Email.
- Follow the outlined instructions.
Tip: Enter all students email addresses in the To field or enter your email in the To field and all the students addresses in the Bcc field.
- Click Close on the LabSim screen.
- Once a student clicks the link in the email, they can create a username and password for a new account or log in to an existing account. After logging in the student is automatically enrolled in your class.
- Provide a List
If you selected activation codes, students typically purchase these codes themselves from the school bookstore or TestOut directly. Students need to enter the respective code to gain course access.
If you selected licenses, the students are automatically provided course access once they have logged into their accounts.
After the reservation is setup, you can view/edit the reservation.
- Across from your class click the more button (3 dots) and select View/Edit Class Reservation to do the following tasks.
- Edit Reservation
- Delete Reservation
- Copy Email
Note: It’s important to note that you can only view report data for students who are enrolled in your classes.